|Homer in a Muumuu Dress|
Helping my wife and other women and men shop for maternity clothes that don't suck is the goal of this post. I'm going to need all of the input, suggestions and reviews that I can get in order to compile a decent list of places to shop. Online and brick & mortar, East Coast to West Coast, no stone shall be left unturned! We must hurry though, I only have a 5 months or so to do this!
Here are a few of my initial suggestions after doing a little bit of research:
|Oxford Shirt by American Apparel|
SIDE NOTE: After perusing the Amer. Apparel website or visiting one of their retail brick & mortar shops, if you find some items that interest you, write down the style numbers, sizes and colors of the items and shoot me an email. I'll get you into American Apparel's clothing for less than you'll pay in store.
|San Gabriel Dress by Shabby Apple|
Side Note: I was so impressed with their site and clothing, that I became an affiliate. So, if your interested in purchasing anything from ShabbyApple.com, make sure you click on a link within Wonderful Whoopsie to get there!
Brick & Mortar Shops
Although most clothing stores do not dedicate much space to their maternity sections, and most maternity shops are pretty conservative, here are a few places you may or may not have checked out already:
1. H&M - Good stuff here. If you're into the whole mall thing and looking for fashionable maternity clothing that won't break the bank, this is a must stop. From my experience, they are in line with The Gap, and their quality is decent. They always offer the trendy styles and all the cool kids shop here:). Finding maternity pants/jeans can be a daunting task, fortunately H&M has picked up the slack of other major retailers attempt at maternity bottoms. Never heard of this place? Find out if there is a H&M nearby here. As with most larger chains, expect a bigger and better selection in larger cities.
2. The Gap - Need I waste text and time talking about the gap? We all know...if you fortunate enough to have a Gap Outlet near you, it's a must stop for maternity and baby clothes. Doy. Here's a link to 30% off your entire order! Your welcome.
3. Target - My wife and I stopped in this past Saturday. Their maternity section is small and lacking, but don't limit yourself to that section alone. They have quite the array of beautiful and fashion forward dresses, jackets and over-sized super soft blank shirts. Oh, and you can pick up butt wipes and Skittles while your there. Need I say more? Target rocks.
5. Hot Mamma - Not necessarily a maternity store, but they do have some very cute (says my wife) maternity clothes. One just opened here in Cincinnati. See their site for more info. Here's the link.
4. Don't forget your local boutiques! Shop local if you can.
Do you agree with these suggestions? What are your thoughts about maternity clothing in general? Does my taste suck? If you have any great suggestions for shopping, please share with me and the Wonderful Whoopsie community by posting a comment below! I'm looking forward to what you have to say! Here's a link to TheBump.com's Q&A question "Cute Maternity Clothes?".